Faster Processing of High Performance Silica Compounds
Using Struktol® Silica Dispersants
The use of processing additives in compounds containing high dispersity silica/silane coupler and high levels of natural rubber can provide a variety of processing and physical property benefits.
- Reduced Viscosity for Improved Processing
- Increased Cure State
- Improved Scorch Safety
- Better Modulus and Tensile
- Significant Decrease in Payne Effect
- Abrasion Loss is Reduced
- Lower Tan δ (Better Fuel Economy)
- Lower Heat Build Up (Better Durability)
- Longer Blow Out Times (Better Durability)
The selection of a processing additive for a particular application can be accomplished by evaluating the physical property and processability benefits.
Technical Data Sheets
- STRUKTOL® HT 207 (English) (Espanol)
- A zinc-free processing aid especially designed for use with silica-filled elastomers. It improves extrusion rate, reduces hysteresis, and reduces mill roll sticking. It has a slight activation effect in sulfur-cured compounds which in some instances is very desirable.
- STRUKTOL® HT 276 (English) (Espanol)
- A recent addition to the Struktol product line. Designed for use in silica-filled compounds, it provides the maximum benefit in extrudate appearance. It is especially recommended for use in NR/silica compounds, providing viscosity reduction, scorch protection and dynamic property improvement.
- STRUKTOL® JV 46F (English) (Espanol)
- Designed to improve extrusion output and appearance in NR, SBR, SSBR, and EPDM compounds. Has a very high affinity for silica fillers and provides for maximum reduction of rolling resistance in high-performance silica tire treads.
- STRUKTOL® ZB 49 (English) (Espanol)
- A recent addition to our product lineup. It is designed for use as a process additive in silica-filled compounds to both reduce viscosity and improve extrusion rate. It promotes the crosslinking reaction between polysulfide silane coupling agents and polymer, and has minimal effect on dynamic stiffness.
| This site utilizes Adobe Acrobat for its technical reports and
product listings. If you do not have the Adobe Acrobat
Reader, you can download
the plug-in for Netscape and IE by clicking this icon.